Saturday, April 14, 2012

Mind is a medicine


A day after we arrived to Jamaica, we headed to a spa in our hotel. We met a massage therapist who worked at the spa.  He works in Jamaica and NY. He comes to NY in May that when the temperature is warmer.  

He started talking to us that he got frozen shoulder the other day and had to have an injection before giving people massage.  However, he said us that “Mind is a medicine.” We both nodded him and agreed.

I used to have pain because of herniated vertebral discs on lumber area since I was 20 years old.  I was recommended to have a surgery for the condition. But of course, I didn't want to have it. So I tried many ways to solve the problem I had. The last thing that healed my lower back pain was to change how my mind was. Shico who is a head of salon told me that sometimes mind affected body. Only after a month, it completely healed. I was always wondering how it would feel like to have no pain on my lower back, and now I know how it feels! I experienced it myself that mind and body are somehow connected. 

                                                    a beautiful view and pool in front of the spa


Makiko Kadoi

No comments:

Post a Comment